Monday, July 23, 2012

Stitches

About three weeks ago, Mahal got her first set of stitches!! Right smack between her eyes on her forehead. On Sunday July 1st, at two am, I heard her fall off the bed and she started screaming. I grabbed her and didn't really think anything of her being hurt, just that she was more in shock that she fell off. So, I put her back in bed and she cried for about 15 minutes and then went back to sleep. Well, during the night she kept waking up like every 15 minutes and she would tell me that her head hurt. Finally, at like 5 am I grabbed my phone and flashed the light at her face and she had blood all over. I told Adrian to get up and that she was bleeding and we turned on the light and the gash on her head was horrible! We got dressed really fast and drove to the ER. She got about 8 stitches on the inside and 8 on the outside. I felt so bad that I didn't get up earlier to check on her!!! All night I had this feeling to get up and look to see if she was o.k. and I didn't act upon it. I guess I learned my lesson!!!! Then when we went to get the stitches out, the guy that took them out at the ER missed at cut her open even more. It was so sad to see her cry and be in pain. I hope that it will heal well and If not she can just join my scar club;)!




I am going to make her walk around with band aids on her forehead for a long time so that the sun doesn't make the scar worse!

No comments: